To establish new vendor connections and review their security profile, it all starts with requesting their connection and establishing the connection, adding them to your Managed Vendor list.
Do you know the difference between Managed and Monitored vendor connections?
Whether you are new to Bitsight VRM or you are migrating your previous TPRM to VRM, we recommend you connect with your vendors first from your work email (or any email they may be familiar with) to let them know that they should be expecting emails from Bitsight Support.
You may also want to describe the requirements you will need from them in this email.
To establish your connection, follow these steps:
- On the Connections tab, select Request Connection at the top of the screen.
- A pop up window will appear, where you will be able to complete the necessary information to send the Connection Request.
- Add your vendor’s email.
- Select a template or simply write your invitation to connect.
- If you have not sent a previous email, make sure you include a compelling Subject so your vendors can identify this email.
- Once completed, select Submit at the bottom of the form.
Did you know? You can also use Email Templates when sending a Connection Request. Learn how to set them up…