- March 17, 2022: Re-ordered steps.
Bitsight VRM tools are designed to help you collect the right information and ask the most appropriate questions based on the vendors’ risk to the organization - that’s why requirements are so important.
Requirements are developed through rules and allow you to request vendors specific information based on your needs.
Create New Requirement
- Go to the Requirements tab.
- Select + Add to open the requirement builder and generate a new requirement.
Requirement Builder - Steps 1 to 3
Step 1 of 3
- Select + Rule to include documents and start by defining your Default Requirement.
- Check the corresponding boxes based on the required documentation you wish to include (Certifications, Insurances, Audits, Questionnaires).
For each type of documentation, you can determine if All documents are required or Any (at least one) document of that kind is to be provided.
- As you click on each, all the available selections will appear below for you to pick.
- Once you complete the Default requirement, the +Alternate button will be enabled. If applicable, select the +Alternate button to add Alternate Requirements. Add up to 2 Alternate requirements.
In order for +Alternate to be enabled and triggered, the default rule must contain at least one assurance type. Only Assurance Programs documents (certificates, insurances and audits) can be marked as not available by vendors. If the default rule contains only surveys, alternate requirements WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
- Once the documentation has been selected, select Next.
You can modify and/or delete alternate and default requirements at any time within step one. Just click on the edit pencil or trash can to do so.
Step 2 of 3
Choose the criteria that will be used to assign these requirements to your vendors.
This requirement will apply to all vendors in case no criteria is selected.
Once done, select Next.
Step 3 of 3
- Review and confirm the information that you have entered. If you need to make any changes, you can go back to a previous step and update as needed.
- Define a name to identify this requirement rule.
- Select Confirm to save.