- August 23, 2023: Bitsight background details, subsidiaries, updated locations, resources.
- June 28, 2023: Added security ratings overview resource.
- July 10, 2020: Published.
Bitsight is a cyber risk management leader that transforms how companies manage exposure, performance, and risk for themselves and their third parties.
Through the Bitsight cyber risk management solution, vast amounts of external evidence on security behaviors is collected, analyzed, and presented daily to produce Bitsight Security Ratings. Customers use our ratings to gain insights into their cyber workflows, including:
- Make timely, data-driven risk management decisions
- Manage third-party risk
- Underwrite cyber insurance policies
- Benchmark their own performance
- Conduct M&A due diligence
- Assess aggregate risk
- AnubisNetworks, a real-time data threat provider based in Porto, Portugal.
- ThirdPartyTrust, LLC, developers of a comprehensive, end-to-end third-party risk management solution for global vendor risk management teams.
Stephen Boyer and Nagarjuna Venna co-founded Bitsight in 2011. The company was backed by Globespan Capital Partners, Menlo Ventures, Flybridge Capital Partners, and Commonwealth Capital Ventures. Today, Bitsight is a global company with headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, and offices in Raleigh, New York, Lisbon, Singapore, and Buenos Aires—along with remote workers around the world.
Like most great stories, Bitsight started with a dream to change the world—and, specifically, the state of cybersecurity. We invented the security ratings industry as a universal metric to interpret cyber risk. Today, that standard has been independently verified to have the strongest correlation to the likelihood of a cyber incident.
We didn’t stop at ratings. We’ve innovated tirelessly ever since to get where we are today. Now, business leaders, risk leaders, and boards turn to us as an integrated solution to manage risk and build trust throughout their ecosystem.