- January 6, 2022: Navigation instructions.
- April 19, 2021: Name changed from “Bitsight Forecasting” to “Rating Improvement” for the SPM application.
- September 6, 2018: Published.
Before Starting and Using Forecasting:
Despite our dedication to building a reliable and accurate forecast, we cannot guarantee the projected rating will happen or claim Forecasting can be used to predict data breaches and other cybersecurity events. It’s solely a projection of what may happen to your Bitsight Security Rating, with an acceptable level of reliability.
What is Rating Improvement?
Rating Improvement (formerly known as “Bitsight Forecasting”) is an analytics tool that observes patterns and projects possible future ratings by extracting information from existing data sets.
- A forecast is based on the security performances of organizations, worldwide.
- Forecasting provides 2 years of data: 1 year of historical data and 1 year that shows a projection of the upcoming year’s level of security performance.
- Forecasting is based on our current security rating algorithm. We periodically makes changes to the rating algorithm. Changes to the rating algorithm will also impact future ratings.
Rating Improvement includes forecast scenarios and a forecast of your risk assessment.
- Set security progress expectations with senior leadership and build strategies around resource allocation and technology implementation.
- Create scenarios, which are projections of your goals, to help you align your resources.
- Your risk manager can share with other groups (finance, sales, and other areas where risk could be impacted) and open up discussions to help change the way security is funded.
- Minimize ambiguity and provide credibility on the level of risk.
- Hold third parties accountable to a commitment.