Publication Date – September 28, 2023
The Microsoft Power BI integration allows you to easily pull Bitsight data into Microsoft Power BI for further analysis and dashboard creation.
- An active Bitsight account with API access
- At least the March 2021 release of Power BI Desktop or greater
- An active Power BI account with a March 2021 release or later
- Power BI for Desktop
- Search for “Bitsight” in the Get Data window [Power BI ➔ Get Data (located in the Home ribbon) ➔ More].
- (Initial Connection) If this is the first time you are getting the data through the Connector, a prompt will appear to inform you of the connection to a third-party service. Select Continue.
- Provide your Bitsight API token in the API Authentication window. We recommend using a company API token as the associated My Company is based on it.
- Use the Navigator dialog box to preview and create an output. You may select multiple data points using the following preview options:
Load = Bring the entire table into Power BI Desktop.
Loading can take several minutes, especially if findings data is included.
- Transform Data = Open the Power Query Editor to edit the query. Filter and refine the set of data and then load that refined set of data into Power BI Desktop.
- Load = Bring the entire table into Power BI Desktop.