- May 9, 2022: Updated the Okta resource links.
- October 13, 2021: Linked to navigation instructions to access the SAML page.
- August 20, 2019: Published.
Okta provides cloud software that helps companies manage and secure user authentication into modern applications, and also allows developers to build identity controls into applications and web services into devices.
The Bitsight SAML app is available in the Okta public directory of apps. Your Okta account admin will need to configure the Bitsight SAML app with your Okta organization. Refer to the Okta Help Center, “Configure the Okta Template App and Okta Plugin Template App” and Okta, “How to Configure SAML 2.0” to configure a Bitsight app.
If you encounter any problems during the configuration, contact Bitsight Support.
Adding the Bitsight SAML Application
- Go to the “Applications” drop-down menu in Okta.
- Search for “Bitsight.”
- Select the Bitsight application to add it.
- Verify the current configuration in the following setup pages, which will be specific to your company.
- Application Label: Leave unchanged.
- Audience Restriction: An audience restriction is required. You have to option to select “None” as the default or select another value according to your company policy.
Select either individuals or groups to be granted access to the Bitsight SAML application.
We need additional information to be entered before it can be assigned. Confirm the login usernames are valid email addresses for your users who should have access.
Using the “Configure from URL” option, enter the Identity Provider Issuer URL found in the View Setup Instructions section, on the Sign On tab of your Okta SAML app configuration page. Other values on the page are automatically updated after configuration.
Optionally, you can set a custom login URL.
Enabling SAML for the Account
Make sure to check “Enable SAML” option. Read the advisory note and select Confirm. SAML should now be enabled for your organization through Okta.