- January 6, 2022: Company eligibility (My Company & subscribed My Subsidiary).
- April 16, 2021: Updated navigation for the SPM Application.
Use Rating Improvement to create Forecast Scenarios and project the possible outcomes (“what-if”) of the Bitsight Security Rating of your My Company or subscribed My Subsidiary.
- There’s no limit to the number of Forecast Scenarios.
- Your Forecast Scenario will be saved automatically, as an inactive draft. If your list of forecasts is long, use the filters from your forecast list to search by status (inactive, active, or finished) or by shared status (My Forecasts/owned or Shared with me).
- Simultaneously define several Forecast Scenarios.
To generate a Security Rating Forecast and Forecast Scenario:
Before starting and using Rating Improvement:
Despite our dedication to building a reliable and accurate forecast, Rating Improvement is not absolute. We cannot guarantee the projected rating will happen or claim forecasting can be used to predict data breaches and other cybersecurity events. It’s solely a projection of what may happen to your Bitsight Security Rating, with an acceptable level of reliability.
- Select the New Forecast button on the top-right of the Forecasting page or the View Forecast button of an existing inactive Forecast Scenario.
- Assign a name that best describes your Forecast Scenario, i.e., prioritized risk vectors, collaborative teams who will be remediating your scenario, etc.
- Select the Define Scenario button to choose your target values (Total Events, Average Duration Time, Estimate Resolution Date (MM/DD/YYYY), etc.), and then select Done.
Refer to the Guide to Navigating and Prioritizing Risk Categories & Risk Vectors to define your Forecast Scenario.
- Select the Simulate button to view your Forecast Scenario. Refer to Understanding the Forecast to determine meaning of the forecast.
- Select the Start Monitoring button at the top-right to activate the forecast. Once your forecast is active, it cannot be reverted to inactive. Please create a new Forecast Scenario to further define your Forecast Scenario.