- September 14, 2023: Not applicable to mobile assets.
- August 30, 2023: Tag inheritance.
- January 10, 2023: Linked to custom infrastructure.
Tags are defined by the company to identify assets that belong to them. About tags:
- Tags can only be assigned to assets attributed to your My Company.
- Tags can be inherited by a child asset from its parent asset.
- Tags are informational and do not result in changes to infrastructure attribution.
- Applicable to IP/CIDR and domain assets; Not applicable to mobile assets.
Use tags to:
- Add context to findings as they arise.
- Categorize your SPM subsidiaries by headquarters, location, department, or business unit for your internal teams and reduce response times.
- Let others know which of your corporate networks are for testing or guests.
- Communicate which issues your company is actively working on.
- Signify ownership.
Example: Create a private tag identifying the owner (user or team) of the infrastructure.
- Once parts of your infrastructure have been tagged, the following pages can be filtered by these tags:
- Define custom infrastructure.
Tags are inherited from its parent asset. If a parent asset is tagged with a specific attribute, the child assets inherit the same tag. Tags on the child asset are not inherited by the parent.
- A tag on a CIDR block is automatically applied to all IPs on that block.
- A tag on a domain applies to its subdomains.
saperix.comdomain has a tag. The
sub.saperix.comsubdomain inherits the same tag.
Tags may either be visible to all Bitsight users (public) or to only users within your My Company (private).
- Public tags are visible to anyone with that company in their portfolio.
The following default tags cannot be deleted or renamed, but may be set to “Private” or “Public”:
- Corporate Network
- Corporate Wi-Fi
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Use the Search Tags bar to search for existing tags and complete any of the following actions:
- Select the + Add Tag button at the top-right of the Manage Tags window.
- Select Continue.
- Review your changes in the Manage Tags - Confirm Changes window.
- Select Save Changes.