- April 15, 2021: Updated navigation for the SPM Application.
- January 12, 2021: Updated instructions for commenting on a finding.
- October 10, 2020: Edit or delete comments.
Comments are a simple method for having discussions about problem areas alongside the data in the Bitsight Security Ratings Platform, without having to leave the platform.
Public comments are a great way to describe the status of resolution or validity of findings (events and records) to external stakeholders and other interested parties using the Bitsight platform. Comments are also handy as they keep a log of those conversations in a relevant place.
Use comments and discussions to:
- Communicate issues your company is actively working on.
- Engage other team members in issue resolution.
Comments can be created, edited, and deleted in the Findings page. Comment edits and deletion cannot be undone.
- Users can enter comments on findings for their My Company and SPM Subsidiary subscriptions.
- Admin and Group Admin can edit or delete comments. All other users can edit or delete their own comments.
Start or Join a Discussion
- Click on a finding to view the finding details. Expand the Comments section in the sheet to view existing comments on that finding, create a comment, change the visibility of a comment, edit a comment, or delete a comment.
- Comment on findings as you update the Remediation Status of your findings. Click Update Status to confirm the update to the remediation status of selected findings.
SPM Subsidiary Findings
Comment on the findings of your subscribed subsidiaries.
Available with SPM Subsidiary subscriptions.
Visibility (Public and Private)
You may create private and public discussions on any finding. Public comments are useful if you want to provide context about a finding to people outside your organization.
You can change the public/private status of your own comments. If you change a public comment to private, all replies will become private, as well. If a comment is private, you cannot change a reply to that comment to be public unless you change the parent comment to public first.
- Public: Public comments are visible to anyone looking at your Bitsight report on the platform. Other organizations will only see your public discussions and public comments. Once you start or participate in a discussion on any finding, you'll receive notifications regarding additional discussion activity.
- Private: Private comments are only visible to users within your organization. Private comments can be used for delegation and discussions about findings.
Engage with Other Team Members
You can add any of your fellow Bitsight users (from your organization) into a discussion by using the “@” character to mention team members. This is a great way to get them involved in the discussion or leave them a note for later.
Type the “@” character, enter your colleague's name, and then select it from the available options. Your colleague will begin to receive discussion activity notifications from that point on.
You can subscribe to email alerts for comments on finding details. Learn about notifications.