- June 3, 2021: Added Frequently Asked Questions.
- February 12, 2021: Bitsight 2-factor authentication now available.
Multi-factor or 2-factor authentication (2FA) is an authentication method that provides an extra layer of security. It requires two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism in order for it to grant access to a website or application.
Instead of immediately gaining access after entering a username and password, another piece of information is required. This additional factor can be:
- Something you know: Personal identification number (PIN), answers to secret questions, a specific keystroke pattern, etc.
- Something you have: The card verification value (CVV) of a credit card, a smartphone, a small hardware token, etc.
- Something you are: Biometric patterns, such as fingerprints, iris scans, voice recognition, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I lose my device and forget to save the recovery codes?
Contact your Admins directly or with the link on the login form to request a 2FA reset. You will receive an email to reconfigure 2FA. Refer to Configuring 2FA for Your Account.
Can I enforce 2FA?
2FA can be enforced by Admin either for all users or per user. Refer to Enforcing 2FA.