Refer to the following guide to import companies (portfolio) and alerts immediately into the ServiceNow Vendor Risk Management system. Be sure to wait until the portfolio has finished importing before running the Alerts import job.
Initial Import and Scheduling
As the ServiceNow admin, go to the Bitsight “Data Import Job Schedules” module to set the import schedules. The first run will import portfolio vendor records into the “core_company” table.
- The import tries to match by the Bitsight company unique identifier (GUID) first.
- If no GUID exists, it then matches by company name or domains.
- If there is a mismatch of names and there is no GUID in that vendor record, a new vendor record can be created in ServiceNow if the “Insert Bitsight companies that do not match existing vendor records in ServiceNow” option is set in the Bitsight “Application Configuration” module (off by default).
- If you wish to ensure redundant vendor records aren’t created in ServiceNow, go to the Bitsight platform and ensure that the company name is an exact match to the ServiceNow vendor record.
- Once a match is found in the import, the import job will populate the company GUID onto the vendor record, which will be used for subsequent matches. This GUID can be edited manually in the “Bitsight Portfolio Information” tab within a vendor record if the company was incorrectly matched.
Open the “Bitsight Portfolio Import” record and set the import “Run” frequency and “Time” [
HH:MM:SS] as desired. We recommend setting this for daily occurrences, as our data is updated daily.
Open the “Bitsight Alerts Import” record and set the import time to 5 minutes, which will send the alert 5 minutes after import. This ensures that all vendor records are inserted before alerts are imported.