- April 16, 2021: Updated navigation for the SPM Application.
- September 25, 2020: Linked to the remediation strategy, which outlines the available tools.
- September 4, 2020: Updated the navigation to the Collaboration Inbox and added instructions to assign a collaboration contact.
One of the main components of a successful third party risk management program is strong collaboration between a company and their vendors, subsidiaries, or other partners. The Enable Access Program allows Bitsight customers to invite their third parties to access the Bitsight platform, at no cost.
If you have been invited to collaborate, assign a user as your collaboration contact to ensure the right people on your team are informed of incoming invitations so they can properly address questions and effectively manage security expectations.
Below are lessons from the “Enable Access Program - Participant Quick Start” training on Bitsight Academy:
- Bitsight Enable Access - What’s In It For Me
- Getting Help - The Right Help When You Need It
- How We Calculate Your Rating
- Let's Get To Work!
- Rating Overview Tab - Where You Stand
- Ratings Details Tab - Your Cyber Security Status
- Compromised Systems Tab - Cyber Attacks
- Diligence Tab - Externally Observable Data
- Remediation Page - Infections And Where To Go for Remediation
- The Attribution Page - Track your IPs, CIDR Blocks, and Domains
- User Behavior Tab - The Actions of Your Users
The Bitsight platform allows you to leverage Bitsight Security Ratings data for investigating cybersecurity events and remediating issues.
Context might have been provided in your Collaboration Inbox that highlights what our partner cares about the most (collaboration reason). The inbox also includes collaboration details, historical details, a communication channel, and more.
Use the available remediation tools to remediate the findings.
You can also refer to our guide for navigating and prioritizing Bitsight risk categories & risk vectors.